Creating / Managing Events
STEP 1: You Must Create a Business Profile BEFORE You Can Create an Event
- Log-In to your Member Portal via the website or the app. (desktop or mobile device) Use same login credentials that were provided to you by the membership entity
- On the left side dashboard, hit 'Manage Profile' and click on 'Business Profile'.
- Follow the steps on the page to create your Business Profile. (Fields include: Business icon, Business name, Tagline, Phone number (no dashes), Industry (drop-down choice), description, Facebook link, LinkedIn, Website and any Additional Business information)
- Hit 'Update' when finished to save your profile.
STEP 2: Creating Your Event
- After you have completed your Business Profile, you are able to create an Event.
- On the left side dashboard, hit 'Events' and click on 'Create an Event'.
- Follow the steps on the page to Create an Event.
- Activity Type- Choose if your event will be Free or Paid
- Post as- Choose your Business profile, which you just created in Step 1
- Interest Categories- Only 1 main interest and 1 sub-interest can be chosen per event
- Age Range- You may select one or more or all age ranges
- Title/Description- Please give your Event a title name, and incorporate all details of the event in the description box.
- Enter Address or Venue- Choose your Venue, or manually type your address into the fields below. Use the drop down menu to choose between manually entering your address or searching for it. Make sure to write out the full address, and not just the name of your business!
- Image- Uploading an image for your event is required. Make sure it fits proportionately in cover format layout. This is the first thing people will see when they search for events on the App. Make sure to click ‘Confirm’ after you have selected your photo!
- Video- Uploading a video is optional, but the more content you add to your Event, the greater the likelihood of people joining/attending.
- Schedule Dates and Capacity- Choose your Event's date, time, price, capacity (number of attendees), decide if you will allow addt'l guests/attendee, offer discounts and/or rewards. *Events offering discounts and rewards have a much higher rate of getting booked*
- Openness of event- Allow anyone on the platform to join your Event, including non-paying users as well as paying users on the platform
- User Payment Settings- Users require your permission to join, or users can book automatically
- Refund Policy- Decide if you will host a make-up for this Event if attendees who confirmed are unable to attend. Our platform does not offer refunds, so it's up to you to decide whether you will honor a make-up for your guest or not.
- Waivers/Terms and Conditions- This is optional. Let your attendees know about any terms/waivers they should be aware of.
- Create Event- Hit 'Create Event' when finished to make your Event go live!
- Once you post your event, it will instantly show up on the App
- Share your event with your social network on the App by clicking on the 3 dots next to event
- You can now communicate with and message attendees before, during and after the event!